Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Updates

Queries sent: 36
Rejections received: 10
Requests for partials: 1
Requests for full MS: 1

I've been pretty lazy lately. Partially it's because we didn't have internet for a few days. I think the neighbors got theirs shut off over the weekend. It's back now, though. That really isn't an excuse for me not working on the next book, I guess. I don't really need internet for that. But not having internet drives me insane. I've spent the last few days playing games on the Wii with the kids instead. lol

And that's probably what I'll be doing for the next couple of days too. Income tax comes in next week and I'm hoping to get a new laptop and a netbook that I'll use specifically for writing. It will make it easier to keep track of everything I'm doing. Plus I'll be paying to get my internet back, which will be really nice.

Over the weekend I was having to check my email on my cell phone, which sucked because I have Cricket and it doesn't work real well with the internet. I got more rejections in during that time but there was one email that I got on Sunday that I wasn't able to open. It kept saying it had some error. I finally got my computer back online last night and opened that email and it was a request for my full manuscript.

I was excited, of course. But then I realized the agency was a pretty small one, with only 2 agents and both of them look so young. That makes me nervous. Still, I try not to judge those things so I just sent them the full MS and synopsis as they requested. A few minutes later I got an auto-response saying that she's not viewing any new work until April and will be deleting all emails that come in from February 1 - March 30. Huh? She asked me to send it. I'm hoping that she'll still open it since she'll see it says "re:" on it. I guess I should have put "requested materials" in the subject line instead or something. It's a little bit frustrating to me because I don't know if I should just wait to hear from her or if I should resend with a different subject line. I guess I'll wait for awhile. It would be nice if she replies to me and tells me that auto-response doesn't apply to me since she requested the material from me.

Anyway, kids are home so I guess I should get off here and get back to the game we've been playing together. More later, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment