Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I may have broke my thinking cap

My brain just doesn't seem to be working lately. I know there are things I need to be doing...but I can't get my brain to control my body. It's like something is disconnected in there. A wire or something. So my brain sits here saying "Come on. Get up. You need to work on your synopsis. You need to get your query written. You should go do some more editing. You have 3 or 4 more books in you that need to get outlined. Get off your ass dammit! Turn off the damn Food Network and get to work!"

But you know what? My body says "Screw you. I like Iron Chef. And Bobby Flay is the shit. Leave me alone and let me veg."

My body wins out most of the time. It's bigger than my brain, you know.

Oh, but I did manage to get this drawing done last night:

Photobucket

I like her. I think she'd make a good book cover...if I computerize her, that is. And as much as I know I need to get started on some things, I'm thinking about working on a potential cover for Life After Death instead. Yeah, maybe it's stupid. I don't care. It would be fun, at least.

There are more things in this brain of mine that I want to say so I'm sure I'll write more later. That is, if my body lets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment