Sunday, January 17, 2010

There's a purpose to this, I promise

There's a reason why I started this blog, and I'd like to explain it. I have other places where I write about my general life. But I needed some place where I could start keeping track of this long road to publishing that I'm on. As a writer struggling to get published, it's wonderful for me to see people who have not only been published, but have made it pretty far. It's even more wonderful if I can look back at their journey and see that they really did go through all of the crap I'm going through in the beginning.

So while I figure this blog might be boring for a lot of people to read, anybody struggling to get a book published, or even just struggling to write a book, may appreciate knowing that they really aren't alone in that boat. Look closely. See that short girl at the back of the boat. *waves* Hi! That's me. Good to see you. Hang on. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

I have a lot of determination. I've stopped saying things like "if I can find an agent" or "if I could get this book published." No, no. Now I'm saying that WHEN I find an agent and WHEN I get a book published, and WHEN I make it big in the publishing world, I'd love to be able to look back at the path I took and know that, while I may have had a few times when I was literally dangling out of that boat, I managed to pull myself back in and make it through the rapids. Hopefully relatively unscathed.

I also realize that I have a lot to say on this blog right now. So expect to see many, many posts over the next couple of days. And then don't expect to hear from me for awhile. And then expect to see many, many posts over a short period of time. Because that's what I do and who I am. I get on blog writing kicks and then save it all up in my head like a blog camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment